As a company, Berrico actively contributes to a hearty lifestyle and a better future through pure and natural ingredients. By building and maintaining fruitful relationships with our suppliers we can guarantee transparency ‘from field to fork’. We strive to take responsibility throughout our business practices and to respect the environment.
How does Berrico reduce its ecological footprint?
- Almost 50% of our business volume entail organic certified ingredients.
- Hand-picking producers who practice sustainable farming. This year – Covid-19 allowing – we will start auditing our producers on CSR practices and environmental impact will be high on the agenda.
- Supporting our producers to improve their sustainability and to reduce their environmental impact and their CO2 footprint.
Our CSR practices also extend to our office where we all play a part in mitigating Berrico’s environmental impact. Our HQ is located in the Netherlands where 20+ employees help Berrico run smoothly on a daily basis.
How do we reduce our ecological footprint at our office?
- Berrico’s HQ has an energy and water conservation program to reduce consumption.
- We minimize paper use and our administration records have gone 100% digital.
- We recycle all glass, paper and plastic at the office.
- Our office runs partly on solar power thanks to our solar panel-lined roof and the solar panels placed on the wall facing south.